Monday, December 10, 2018

December 10: Happy Things

All our talk about e.e. cummings and his maybe quote made me think about quotes that keep me going. Anything that keeps you going is a happy thing.


She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails -- Elizabeth Edwards


And don't worry about losing. If it's right, it happens--the main thing is not to hurry. Nothing good gets away. -- John Steinbeck

A ship in harbor is safe--but that's not what ships are built for" -- John Shedd

We must bring our own light to the darkness. -- Charles Bukowski



4 comments:

  1. I must remember that one about the ship in harbour (and act on it).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like most of these - except John Steinbeck's one. In fact, I might borrow these and use them on my No Kidding blog, especially the Elizabeth Edwards one.

    I have a quote that keeps me going - Gertrude Stein's "The answer is there is no answer. That is the answer."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some important questions I've had answered with no answer. It is an uncomfortable truth.

      Delete