Friday, November 16, 2018

November 16: Arizona

Arizona is an old yellowed photograph of my mom with a bandana covering her hair, holding me on her lap sitting in an old jail cell in Yuma.

Arizona feels like taking a bet that the old van can get across it without overheating.

 Arizona is standing on the edge of the southern rim of the Grand Canyon when I'm about twelve, my dad holding my youngest sister, grinning at my mother to take the damned picture.

The Grand Canyon was bigger than anything ever was.

I have a button on my sweatshirt that says, "Say nope to dope."

4 comments:

  1. I love the photo. I have a niece at college this year in Arizona. Another reason for me to visit. If only I didn't have that damned boycott in place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of the USA until we can get our collective act together and a better government in place?

      Delete
    2. Yes, that is her boycott! I love Arizona. But at <100 degrees F.

      Delete