Monday, October 15, 2018

October 15: Spooky Waking

I don't wake easy. Oftentimes my dreams tell me I must. Sometimes this is frustratingly amusing on a summer morning with Diane Rehm from NPR invading my dreams and asking questions I can never answer because her guests talk over me all the time. Other times, I have terrifying visions during REM and wake to find a child crying or a text message dinging with sudden bad news. I wish my brain could wake me with butterflies and puppies but it’s usually murderers and demons chasing me. When Maeve was young I would get creepy feelings and open my eyes to find her standing next to my bed, inches from my face. She is sweet and wonderful but at night she is so spooky.

4 comments:

  1. Yikes, this level of non-waking activity would likely give me insomnia.

    Really really like that last line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Helen said about the Maeve line!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe she has just a touch of Jenny in her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My waking dreams are often repetitive coding dreams. Painful.

    ReplyDelete