Saturday, December 8, 2018

December 8: Happy Things

Ten favorite things about winter, my most hated season:

1. My down comforter

2. Doxylamine succinate (I never get colds until it is cold, for whatever reason, but when I do, I go to bed)

3. My electric hot water kettle in the kitchen

4. Twinkle lights

5. Opening up the drawers of wool sweaters, the box of coats, the Christmas storage, and remembering what I put in there last year (St. Louis' other three seasons do not require much of a change of anything, and the YMCA indoor pool means swimming gear is never stored away)

6. Wool socks

7. Hibernating with good reruns

8. Watching snow fall from behind an insulated window

9. Sunrises are spectacular here in the winter

10. Getting one good snowfall and sledding with my kids, proving that I am not the stick in the mud mom they think I am (I am in the winter, but I like to prove them wrong at least once)

3 comments:

  1. I like #10. Sledding seems so exotic. Few kiwi kids ever go sledding.
    Also, hibernating. Yes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Winter is my most hated season too. I might have to steal this idea.

    ReplyDelete