Thursday, December 27, 2018

December 27: Happy Things

That wonderful little party I had last weekend?

My priest friend, the one I used to be so close to, the one who didn't visit Maeve or even text me while she was in the ICU, he and I had talked about this party the last time we'd gone to coffee in October.

I sent him an invite. He's a party kind of guy. Loves to make people fun drinks and laugh and talk and sing. A no brainer way to interact with him and try to rebuild our friendship. He wrote back asking if this was my parents' party or was this at my new place? (My parents used to throw one every year and I took their spot for this year). I confirmed it was mine, at my new house.

He didn't write back.

He didn't come.

Maybe he was visiting a friend in the hospital.

He just gave me the freedom to move on.

2 comments:

  1. "He just gave me the freedom to move on." Good for you. What's wrong with this man?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Again with the last sentence. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete