Wednesday, November 7, 2018

November 7: Montana

Montana is climbing up to my second fire tower. Vestiges of important things hidden away.
 Montana makes me feel strong in an isolated place full of powerful forces beyond my control.

But Montana is something else too, something darker. Never before in my life did I have the desire to walk away.  "What if I just stayed?"

"Maybe they'd want a math teacher...what could I do for them...how far away can I run?"
 



Montana is far enough to run.


In the end, Montana hibernates like a bear in the back of my mind.

5 comments:

  1. Me too. And I have added Montana to my "to go there before I die" list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of living forever under that huge sky, especially up in the mountains, but then I think about fires and snow nine months a year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the urge to run - or at least, escape. Montana (in the right season) looks like the perfect place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Driving across Montana is both monotonous and impressive.

    ReplyDelete