Friday, June 8, 2018

June 8. Commercial-Free

The local radio stations brag that they do stretches of 103 or 120 or ten thousand minutes "Commercial-free".

But the idiot DJs still ramble on to each other with fake laughter. They still bring up "current events" and make fake phone calls to embarrass people on-air and take the 9th caller to answer the trivia question. Thinly veiled misogyny and racism abound.

Give me a good commercial for engagement rings or personal injury lawyers any day.

Or public radio.

4 comments:

  1. I'm laughing because it's true. Yes, thinly veiled misogyny and racism seem to be the primary expertise of certain radio DJs. I long gave up listening, and stick to our version of public radio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not listened to commercial radio in a long time, although I used to listen to a station *because* of the jokes, etc. on my way to work.

    ReplyDelete